Support worker for people with disability
- Full Time/Part Time
Do you have an energetic passion for life that you would like to share with others?
More importantly, would you like to work for an organisation that is making a difference?
We are Achieve Australia. Our mission is to achieve social inclusion for people with disability. Every day we work hard to deliver on the right of people with disability to achieve meaningful and valued lives.
With over 65 years' experience we are still innovating in disability accommodation and support; and we now have the opportunity for support workers to join our ranks.
As a support worker you will use your enthusiasm and experience to support independence for people with physical disability in all aspects of life. This includes - but is not limited to - personal care, domestic and daily living support, budgeting, shopping, cooking and community participation.
What We Offer
- Great supportive team environment, with a constant learning focus.
- Purposeful and value-driven work.
- Heavily discounted gym membership.
To be considered for this role you will be required to submit a cover letter that addresses all of the following selection criteria:
- Minimum Cert III Individual Support, Disability or related field.
- Current First Aid Certificate.
- Sound interpersonal, role modelling and customer service skills.
- Ability to problem solve and adapt to changing environments.
- Current Working with Children Check and NSW Driver's Licence (Green P2 or Full).
- Experience working within the disability sector or experience in working with and supporting individuals who have challenging behaviours and/or complex needs.
You will be required to attend an assessment centre on either the 23rd or 24th of May
You will also be required to attend a secondary interview on the 25th of May.
Your application will be subject to a number of pre-employment checks; including a criminal history, medical assessment, professional reference checks, driving record et al. Applications will be assessed on merit.