Behaviour Support Coordinator
Excellent organisational culture
We are Achieve Australia. Our mission is to achieve social inclusion for people with disability. Every day we work hard to deliver on the right of people with disability to achieve meaningful and valued lives.
With over 65 years' experience we are still innovating in disability accommodation and support; and we now have the opportunity for a Behaviour Support Coordinator to join our ranks.
As a Behaviour Support Coordinator, you will be responsible for providing behavioural support services to facilitate positive behavioural changes for our clients. You will be required to provide consistent behavioural management methods, whilst also assessing the behavioural needs of our clients and taking into consideration Achieve Australia's service support policies, OHS, statutory and funding body requirements.
What We Offer
- Salary packaging benefits exclusive for public benevolent institutions.
- Strong organisational culture and great team environment.
- Great place to work and flexible work hours.
- Relevant degree in Psychology, Speech Pathology, Social or Behavioural Sciences, Special Education or equivalent with the knowledge of Adult Learning Principles, Applied Behaviour Analysis.
- Minimum three (3) years' experience in positive behaviour programming with people with intellectual disability, brain injury and/or learning difficulties.
- Knowledge of issues around people with dual diagnoses, including mental health issues.
- An understanding of logistical, ethical and human rights issues affecting people with disability and their significant others.
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to legislative requirements affecting service delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully role-model and train staff to apply behaviour change/management techniques.
- An understanding of current best practice in positive behaviour programming and complex behaviour support.
- Sound interpersonal, facilitation and communication (written & oral) skills, facilitation with sound computer skills and an understanding of budgets.
Current registration with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
How to Apply
Achieve Australia is committed to implementing safer recruitment practices. This means we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support and we expect staff to share this commitment.
As a result, your application will be subject to a number of pre-employment checks; including a criminal history, medical assessment, professional reference checks, driving record et al. Applications will be assessed on merit.