Social Educator - Northern Region
- Full Time, Part Time.
- Hornsby, Asquith and Beecroft Districts.
- Do you have an energetic passion for life that you would like to share with others?
- More importantly, would you like to work for an organisation that is making a difference?
We are Achieve Australia. Our mission is to achieve social inclusion for people with disability. Every day we work hard to deliver on the right of people with disability to achieve meaningful and valued lives.
With over 65 years' experience we are still innovating in disability accommodation and support; and we now have the opportunity for Social Educators to join our ranks.
As a Social Educator you will use your enthusiasm and experience to support independence for people with disability in all aspects of life. This includes - but is not limited to - personal care, domestic and daily living support, budgeting, shopping, cooking and community participation.
What We Offer
- Salary packaging benefits exclusive for public benevolent institutions.
- Strong organisational culture and great team environment.
- Great place to work and flexible work hours.
- Minimum Cert III Individual Support or Disability with 2 years' experience working within the disability sector
- Current First Aid Certificate.
- Understanding and commitment to the Disability Standards and WHS.
- Understanding of human rights and the challenges facing those with a disability.
- Experience in working with and supporting individuals who have challenging behaviours and/or complex needs.
- Sound interpersonal, role modelling and customer service skills.
- Ability to problem solve and adapt to changing environments.
- Current Working with Children Check and NSW Driver's Licence (Green P2 or Full).
- Experience in working with and supporting adults deemed as having significant complexity in their lives.
- Passion for supporting others reach individual goals through a high-level person-centred approach.
- Demonstrated respect and understanding of individual differences.
How to Apply
Achieve Australia is committed to implementing safer recruitment practices. This means we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support and we expect staff to share this commitment.
As a result, your application will be subject to a number of pre-employment checks; including a criminal history, medical assessment, professional reference checks, driving record et al. Applications will be assessed on merit.