- Are you a clinical or registered psychologist with a passion in disability?
- Would you like to work for an organisation that makes a difference?
We are Achieve Australia. Our mission is to achieve social inclusion for people with disability. Every day we work hard to deliver on the right of people with disability to achieve meaningful and valued lives.
With over 65 years' experience we are still innovating in disability accommodation and support. We now have the opportunity for a Clinical/Registered Psychologist to join our ranks.
As a Clinical/Registered Psychologist you will be responsible for providing innovative and effective Psychological Services for new and existing clients of Achieve Australia. You will assist in the development and implementation of Achieve Australia's Psychological Services, whilst providing psychological support services to facilitate optimum outcomes for people with a disability, including counselling, interventions and behaviour support.
What We Offer
- Competitive remuneration
- Salary packaging benefits.
- Strong organisational culture and team environment.
- Excellent remuneration and flexible work hours
To be successful in the role you will need to address the following selection criteria in your cover letter:
- Relevant degree in Psychology, with full registration with the Psychology Board of Australia (PBA/AHPRA) and endorsement in Clinical Psychology or progressing towards same.
- Demonstrated experience in delivering Psychological Services to people with a disability in range of settings, including current knowledge of a range of tools for counselling, assessment and intervention requirements for people with a disability.
- An understanding of issues, trends and philosophies underpinning the provision of services to persons with an intellectual disability and those who have challenging behaviour and complex needs.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people with a disability who have a range of functional abilities and complex needs.
- An understanding of the relevant legislation, policies and procedures impacting on the delivery of services to people with a disability (including the Disability Inclusion Act 2014)
- Demonstrated ability to apply legal, ethical, policy and procedural guidelines within the context of service provision.
- Demonstrated skills in the assessment, interpretation and implementation of lifestyle enhancing programs for people with developmental disabilities.
- Sound interpersonal and communication (written & oral) skills with experience in the administration, interpretation and reporting of psychometric assessments.
How to Apply
Achieve Australia is committed to implementing safer recruitment practices. This means we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support and we expect staff to share this commitment.
As a result, your application will be subject to a number of pre-employment checks; including a criminal history, medical assessment, professional reference checks, driving record et al. Applications will be assessed on merit.