Social Educator (Disability Support Worker)
- Do you have an energetic passion for life that you would like to share with others?
- More importantly, would you like to make a difference in a way that most people could only dream?
Achieve Australia has a vision, of ensuring all Australians with a disability achieve social inclusion in all aspects of life. Our mission, is to deliver on the right of people with disability to achieve a meaningful and valued life. Achieve is a high-profile organisation with over 60 years' experience; and we now have the opportunity for a talented individual to join our ranks in the role of Social Educator - Casino, Lismore, Burringbar, Evans Head, Ballina and Mullumbimby areas
As a Social Educator you will use your enthusiasm and experience to actively support independence in all areas of life; including but not limited to personal care, domestic support, budgeting, shopping, cooking and community participation. Not only will you help our customers to achieve a meaningful life as understood by them, but your 'can do' attitude will radiate a positivity that influences those around you and the culture of the organisation. To succeed you will need to be respectful of individual differences and have a passion for supporting others to reach their goals.
What We Offer
- Salary packaging benefits exclusive for public benevolent institutions.
- Strong organisational culture and great team environment.
- Exciting place to work and flexible work hours
- Discounted Fitness First membership.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Good role modelling and support skills
- Problem solving skills, be innovative and creative
- Understand human rights and the challenges facing those with disability
- It would also be advantageous to have experience supporting adults with Autism and challenging behaviours
- Current NSW Drivers Licence
- First Aid Certificate
- Working With Children Check
Don't delay, apply now! http://achieveaustralia.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies
Achieve Australia is committed to implementing safer recruitment practices. This means we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support and we expect staff to share this commitment. As a result your application may be subject to a number of pre-employment checks; including a criminal history, working with children, functional assessment and drug test. Please note criminal history does not immediately effect employment opportunities. Applications will be assessed on merit.